Friday, May 21, 2010

Our first anniversary trip - orange beach alabama and cobalt restaurant

The husband and I are on our first Anniversary :-) trip and we're in Orange Beach Alabama. Now... don't get too judgmental on us. We're both Alabamians and if you haven't experienced the Gulf Shores/Orange beach/Pensacola coast then you can't judge. It's sugar white beaches and water that (today at least) had no jellyfish, seaweed... or oil. We've done the trip on a budget but decided to splurge on one night out at a restaurant. We chose Cobalt, in the Caribe resort area.

It was great! We sat outside on the water next to the bay and overlooked the ocean on the other side. I gave the waiter the info about my allergies and while he honestly stated it would be best to talk to the chef, I appreciated that wholeheartedly. He promptly came back with a cheat sheet of what side dishes I could and couldn't have with my entree of filet steak and I chose the risotto because the potatoes had gluten.
My whole meal was great and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. If you ever find yourself on the gulf coast near pensacola or orange beach - check it out! I recommend it as one of the very few places that will accommodate you here! It felt like a special night out without the harassing reminder of my many allergies!

No comments:

Post a Comment