Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I have a sickness... I like to photograph my food.



I am having a “me” day today. I really needed it! I’ve got lots of dr appointments this week and my husband left yesterday for Hong Kong. He’s gone until mid-May so needless to say I’m a little sad. But it’s going to be a great adventure for him and I get to go visit!
I took the day off, slept in, got a massage, went to my favorite fabric store & got lunch (again) from A Matter of Taste takeout. It’s been the best day in a long time! If you ever need an intensive acupressure massage with someone incredibly intuitive go see Sith at Urban Oasis. It’s on Belmont Blvd hidden across
from Christ the King. He found every spot that needed to be worked and while it wasn’t the traditional swedish relaxing massage, it did my body good!
Next I went to Textile Fabrics where all fabrics over a yard are 40% off right now! I moseyed around for a bit and of course found so many things I wanted. But my budget needs to stay slim right now so I took some photos of a few things and decided to wait.
While walking around Textile I decided I wanted something really good for lunch. A Matter Of Taste takeout is just down the street so I got on twitter to see the specials for today. When I saw: “Our special sandwich is a CHIVITO on a baguette or our GF bread.. Smoked ham, bacon, roast beef with a fried egg, lettuce & tomato!” I was sold. I picked it up, got home and planted in front of the tv for the rest of my lazy day. Here’s where the sickness comes in… I took one bite and immediately wanted to take a picture. I guess that’s what happens when you blog. You find something great and want to share it! Maybe I’m not weird… I’m just becoming a blogger ;-) Either way, I’m sure my husband is going to enjoy eating a meal without me taking a picture! He did buy me the fantastic new camera for Christmas/our anniversary though!
So here’s my amazing sandwich:
If you haven’t been to A Matter Of Taste takeout you need to go! They have amazing bread and their chef builds great flavor combinations. Have a great rest of the week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand your sickness! How many times have I heard, "Can I eat yet?" Glad you got a pampering day. Sounds like it did the body and the heart some good!

    ReplyDelete