Saturday, June 5, 2010

Favorite Fridays: Purely Clear natural face moisturizer

* sorry for the late post. I know it doesn't make sense to have a Favorite Friday post on Saturday but it's due to a technical glitch. Enjoy and hopefully it'll be fixed before next time!

I have so many favorite things these days and most of them I've found from people I love sharing them with me. So I want to start "Favorite Fridays"! I might be something gluten free, a favorite organic product or anything I've stumbled upon that you might love too! It's not for money or advertisement, just something fun that's worth recommending.
My first Favorite Friday is going to be about Purely Clear,  a new facial moisturizer I've found that's  most organic and completely natural.

Here's the list of ingredients:
Organic sweet almond oil, organic aloe juice, organic coconut oil, organic rooibos tea, emulsifying wax, kosher vegetable glycerin, squalene, organic olive oil, palm stearic acid, organic jojoba oil, avocado oil, sodium PCA, witch hazel, vitamin E, xantham gum, lecithin, ionic silver, black willowbark extract, rosemary, neem

I bought it a few weeks ago from a local store I love, The Green Wagon in East Nashville. For years I have been using a great Neutrogena oil free facial moisturizer with SPF 15 in it. As far as complexion goes, it's never done me wrong. But lately I got to thinking about the synthetic chemicals & how SPF is probably unnecessary given that I'm in an office all day five days a week. I'd rather put SPF on when I know I'm going to be outside and need it. I surely don't need extra chemicals being rubbed into my head for no reason. So I started on the hunt for a natural face lotion. My skin is pretty sensitive and I get zits easy so I was anxious about trying something new. When I found Purely Clear at the store, I noticed it has a 100% money back guarantee. I like that. It
gives me confidence in a product when I see that! And it was $35 for the bottle of concentrated moisturizer so the guarantee helps a lot. That's a pretty steep price tag if you aren't used to spending that much. The catch is that it's a concentrated liquid. I only need one squirt each morning and it's going to last me several months!

From their site:
"Most commercially produced cosmetic products are loaded with chemicals such as parabens and propylene glycol (better known as antifreeze). Even those labeled "natural" often contain synthetic additives or chemically modified natural substances. These chemicals and modified substances are absorbed through the skin and are not only a primary source of skin irritations but are now being associated with a variety of health problems, from cancer and organ problems to nervous system damage and more. Purely Clear products do not contain synthetic chemicals or synthetic preservatives. In addition, Purely Clear products are bottled in glass to avoid the xenoestrogens and numerous harmful chemicals that seep from plastic containers into the solution they contain. Remember, what you put on your skin is absorbed in the blood and cells.
Most commercial, chemical-laden, cosmetic products provide quick, temporary aesthetic benefits, yet actually damage and age the skin and body the longer they are used. Purely Clear products promote beautiful, clear, healthy skin without the use of synthetic chemicals and are designed to enhance both skin and body health the longer they are used."

You can check them out further or buy products here: http://snipurl.com/x4o5h

Happy Friday!
April

No comments:

Post a Comment