Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day from Detox!

I made it! Well, I almost made it :) I cheated on the last meal of the last day. I ate salmon, rice & broccoli:

I was proud and I convinced myself that I deserved to have a healthy Saturday night dinner with my hubby. This past week of not eating solid food has solidified how important food is to a family & friendship.
Sunday morning I woke up and what do you think I had? My favorite breakfast item... Bacon!!
But not just any bacon... Peterson's apple smoked bacon. It's uncured apple smoked bacon that's Certified Humane, with no sodium nitrates, nitrites or preservatives. If you haven't had this before, do yourself a favor and go get some! I buy mine at Whole Foods. My friend Sarah even taught me a trick to cooking it! Just put down some parchment paper, lay the bacon on top & put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 17 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may be more around 13-15 minutes. It's an easy breezy way to wake up & have bacon on the weekend.
So now that I have a few favorite but safe foods eaten, it's on to starting the new routine. Because Dr. Reisman found that I needed significant Vitamin D, Iodine, C & a thryoid boost, I'm starting a new routine of supplements.
Twice a day I'm drinking a combo of Power Greens powder, buffered C & Fiber Pro. Once a day I drink 8 oz of water with Vitamin D & Iodine drops. I'm not sure how long I'll pull off drinking the Power Greens mix but we'll see if I can make it a routine!
Now that my system is "cleansed" I'm being really aware of how I feel after I eat. I'm starting slow with basic ingredients to monitor the reactions. So far so good!
I'm really thankful for my new doctor. I'm also thankful for everyone's support. Many of you have emailed, tweeted or come up to me about what I'm going through. You all mean so much and I'm thankful for the support. I'll keep you updated and keep supporting each other out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment