Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 3 of Liver Detox

As I write this I'm sitting here with a glass of green detox liquid. It's the end of day three and I have four more to go. Since I drink 4 glasses of this a day, this is glass number 12. Geez... I can't believe I'm actually doing this! I think I've finally gotten over the hump though. Day one was absolute torture. I could barely choke it all down and was a drama queen with my husband making fun of how gross it was. He shut me up by drinking some of it and saying he liked it. But it really did stink. I told him it was because he didn't HAVE to drink it.
Day two was better until the early afternoon. I started getting a headache, my muscles were aching and I was really distracted. I think it took me two hours longer to do what I needed to at work that day. I just kept staring at stuff. I've heard these are pretty typical side effects of detoxing so I'm not worried.
Day three has been much easier. I've figured out that combining everything into one drink rather than having two separate ones is
the way to go! I also like how I'm feeling so it's getting easier. I feel like I have more energy & I haven't had one peep of pain from my cysts or endometriosis since Sunday. I think I can make it until Saturday night. But don't you worry - Saturday night at midnight I'm going to have a guilty meal. I'm not sure what it will be yet but it'll be good ;)
To be honest, I've cheated one time. It was my husband and I's second anniversary last night and we picked up some great salads from Jason's Deli downtown and sat at the Parthenon to have a picnic! I know that's a no-no but it was our anniversary and I wasn't going to miss out on it. At least it was a salad right? Believe me, I'd much rather have had a steak, wine, dessert, etc but I knew that would be pushing it.
I've had several people ask me - how do you do a liver detox? Well, the first thing I'll say is you need a doctor to be in on it with you. This isn't something like a MasterCleanse and it's not going to make you magically lose weight. It's an actual, medical food & supplement concoction prescribed by my doctor. I will tell you the products involved but you need an actual doctor to tell you how much of each are right for you! I'm definitely no medical authority and it isn't safe to try this on your own!!
The base is UltraClear Plus. Here's the description from the website: UltraClear PLUS, provided as a powdered beverage mix, is a medical food to nutritionally support the management of chronic fatigue syndrome and is designed for patients who may benefit from additional nutritional support for Phase II hepatic detoxification function.
To the UltraClear, I add a Power Greens mixture, Fiber Plus powder and a Buffered C powder. I'm thankful for the Power Greens berry flavor because without it, this would probably be unbearable.
I also feel like I need to mention... I'm watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution tonight and it made me realize something. Maybe if people paid more attention to what was in school lunches for kids, they wouldn't have to do things like this when they grow up. I wonder what would have happened if my schools had been educated enough to have natural, fresh options at lunch. Would I be sitting here with this green liquid and a fourth surgery on the books? I can tell you this - when I have children, I'll be my school's Jamie Oliver, or at least make the best brown bag lunch around! I cant believe it took me until a few years ago (at 28 years old!) to realize how the food I put in my body affects my health. I honestly believe its all about education and access. I don't think my school, my parents or anyone else did anything wrong, they just didn't know and neither did I.
Today's takeaway - the people who do 7 day cleanses to get skinny are crazy (just my opinion but seriously - who does this by choice?) and be good to your liver... it's a hard working organ!

1 comment:

  1. Garcinia Cambogia Review - Read reviews, ingredients, side effects and more about Goji Berry Advance. Garcinia Cambogia

    ReplyDelete