Thursday, February 18, 2010

Awesome, easy Hummus

I've found that one of the hardest things about being GF can be the lack of snacks out there! Well, sure, Whole Foods has a ton of snacks... but unless we win the lottery soon it would break the bank to buy the snacks I want there all the time. Nevertheless, I have found Hummus to be one of my favorites to pair with carrots and celery.
Tonight I cut up some organic celery hearts ($1.99) and organic carrots ($.89) from Trader Joe's and made some hummus from the 6 simple ingredients in the photo above + some Crystal hot sauce. The recipe was from Food Network's Ina Garden and you can find it here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/hummus-recipe/index.html
I followed the recipe except for the amount of garlic. I used 1.5 teaspoons of minced organic garlic instead of 2. It was probably still too much but that's up to you! If you love garlic go for it!
It was quick and really easy! I spoon it into individual mini ziplock containers and pack some carrots and celery in Ziploc snack bags.... voila! I have a quick snack I can take to work! (and it's good for me :-)
What are your favorite snack solutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment