Monday, February 8, 2010

Here we go!

Join me in my adventure to get my health back! After surgeries for sinus problems, an ovarian cyst and endometriosis (all by the age of 29), I hit a point of frustration with the quality of my life and had to make a change. I made the decision to learn more and do what I could to fight my failing immune system as naturally as possible. I read an amazing book by Dian Shepperson Mills which made sense of how the gluten in my diet was affecting my immune system and namely my endometriosis. Here is an interview with her that sums it up: http://www.endometriosis.org/nutrition.html. If you are truly interested in dealing with your endometriosis through nutrition read her book: http://www.amazon.com/Endometriosis-Key-Healing-Through-Nutrition/dp/0007133103/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267416854&sr=8-1 and talk to your doctor. I was upfront with my doctor about the desire to change my diet and begin integrating chinese medicine along with the medical treatment she recommended. I dont follow everything in the book to perfection but I let it serve as a resource and reminder that my body runs off of what I put in it. I’ve gone organic, eliminated gluten & started acupuncture and herbs. It's not easy but the rewards so far have been amazing! I feel like my body is starting to love me back instead of fighting me!

I have no idea if anyone will even read this blog but I feel so passionate about changing my way of life right now I'm writing anyway :-) If nothing else, this will be a way to keep myself accountable and perhaps share my struggles/successes with people who stumble here along the way. One thing's for sure - I'm not a writer but I'm a normal person, just like many others, who is looking for ideas on how to live well and do it on a budget! I'll be posting recipes, deals on GF foods, interesting articles & occasionally ask my other GF friends to guest blog! Also, as I find good things in Nashville at the grocery store or eat at a gluten free friendly restaurant I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm new to this so leave me some tips along the way and let's learn how to do this together! Feel free to share your stories... you never know who might need to hear about your experience. I wouldn't be on this path without reading some amazing testimonials about other people's journeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment