Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Homemade Pizza night


This weekend was awesome! I had a date night at home with the husband and we made our own pizzas. Thanks to everything Glutino makes being awesome, we got four personal sized crusts at Whole Foods (for $5.99) and a bunch of veggies. We used purple onion, green pepper, grape tomatoes & plenty of organic mozzarella cheese. You can make the pizzas with frozen crust and cook them straight on the oven rack for 15-20 minutes. I didn't need a pizza stone since the crusts were already cooked but I'm sure you could use it if you prefer.
These were so good my friends and I made them again on Sunday when I went to visit them in Atlanta! We sauteed some mushrooms & onion with olive oil and then added chopped basil, peppers & tomato. It was economical and perfect for my friends who were also vegetarian. They never even tasted the difference in the crusts. They thought they were great and we only spent $28 to feed all 5 of us. The trick was to use the cold salad bar at Whole Foods and just get a container full of whatever ingredients you want for your pizza. It's $8 for a pound so we got plenty of mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers and spinach for only $7-8. The only other purchases were the crusts, basil and cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment