Thursday, February 18, 2010

I've finally found an awesome GF beer!


I would have called my husband and I connoisseurs of good beer, until I couldn't drink it anymore. The night we got engaged he even planned ahead to surprise me with my friends and growlers of local Yazoo Pale Ale and Dos Perros. Sadly, when I went GF I knew that pale ale was never going to be an option again. I tried Redbridge and New Grist. Redbridge didn't taste right to me and New Grist was better... but still didn't make me feel like I'm drinking a real beer instead of pure liquid sorghum.
Last night we had plans with some friends to watch Lost and eat Gumbo for Fat Tuesday. Since beer is usually a staple at our get togethers I went to Whole Foods and thought - maybe they'll have a beer I haven't tried yet! And they did :-)
Bard's has upped the bar on the taste of Gluten Free beers! It's definitely a darker variety but tastes great. The aftertaste is still a little sorghum-ish (it is, afterall, a sorghum beer) but it's much better than Redbridge or New Grist. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!



You can find more info here: http://www.bardsbeer.com/#/gluten_free_beer_home/

1 comment:

  1. April,

    Thanks for trying Bard's and we are glad you enjoyed the beer.

    We just entered central Tennessee and are looking for recommendations for gluten-free friendly restaurants that Bard's would be a great fit. Forward any recomendations to info@bardsbeer.com or bbizer@bardsbeer.com.

    Cheers,
    Brian Bizer
    BARD'S TALE BEER COMPANY

    ReplyDelete