Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Affordable Gluten Free flours!



Well... God always has a way of putting little surprises in front of me to remind me of the small things to be happy about. After a bad day, I was so excited when I got home to find my shipment of GF flour had arrived! Yay!

I've been on the search for affordable GF flours around Nashville and I've had a hard time finding them. It seems like every recipe I'm excited about uses some random flour I can't buy at the store. I finally stumbled upon Barry Farms on the internet. It's not fancy, definitely a mom and pop operation but if you read the "about us" they like it that way! They're in Ohio but you can purchase items on Amazon or straight from their website. There are a lot more options on their site so I suggest ordering straight from there. Best of all - they're affordable! You unfortunately have to pay shipping (mine was $15.00) but until I can find these items in Nashville it'll work.

These are the flours I ordered:
Garbanzo Fava- 1lb
Sweet White Sorghum- 2lb
Tapioca  - 1lb
Sweet White rice- 1lb
Potato- 2lb
Brown Rice- 2lb
Garbanzo Bean- 2 lb
Amaranth- 2lb
The total was $33.47 + $15 for shipping

They also have items like GF waffle and pancake mix, french bread mix, cake mixes: golden pound, lemon, yellow and rich chocolate. They also have muffin, pie crust & biscuit mix. There's a lot more but you'll have to check out their whole selection at this link: http://snipurl.com/v0wr9

No comments:

Post a Comment