Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Running, Gardening & Yoga Yoga Yoga

Wow - my muscles are really sore! A good kind of sore though... and thankfully it's from doing some good, productive things.

I tried my hand at running again. Since my last surgery I had not gotten back to it like I've wanted to. My hubby was great and suggested we do one round of the neighborhood together with our dog. I felt good until we had been running a few minutes. Suddenly my asthma was killing me. I was wheezing and starting to feel light headed. We slowed down and took it easy. I was able to drop off the dog and do one more round but I'm pretty sure I walked more than I ran. It was a start and I'm going to keep at it. I'm hoping to eventually train my lungs and it'll get warmer outside. That will definitely help! One day I'll be running 5 miles at a time like my husband!

Later that day I got started outlining the garden area. The biggest lesson of the day was.... I need a tiller (and I shouldn't go running and then try to dig for hours). There is no way I'm going to be able to dig up everything I need to by myself. When we get back from vacation I'm going to rent a tiller and go for it.
I gathered some soil from different areas and I'll be testing that this week. I bought a small kit from Home Depot but there's also a test center at Ellington Agricultural Center. Apparently they will diagnose pest problems as well! It's going to be great to have that resource a few miles from my house! http://soilplantandpest.utk.edu/

I also did my first hour and a half of Hot Yoga at the YMCA with my friend Sara. Wow! It was more like "warm" yoga but it was awesome and so hard all at the same time. I've got a lot of strength to build up but I'm really excited about getting further into Yoga. If you really think about it, the amount of Yoga classes I'll be going to at the Y make my membership more than worth it.

Here's to sore muscles :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment