Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kinda out of whack today

Well, it's beautiful outside and I'd rather be gardening right now but I can't. For several reasons. Here they are in my best whiny voice....

1 - I have a lot of work (fulltime, real job work) to do.
2 - I have a sinus infection.
3 - I need to clean the house but I can't because I have a sinus infection and that wouldn't help :-(
4 - I'm really really tired
5 - I'm whiny today and not proactive like I should be
6 - I wish I was still in San Francisco/Napa

Today's been one of those days. One of those... I'm sick and should stay home because I'm sick but I can't because there's too much going on at work days. So because of my own self imposed negative energy, all kinds of stupid stuff has gone wrong throughout the day. My favorite was just a bit ago when I was heating up my dinner in the toaster oven at work and it caught on fire. My boss and I miraculously couldn't figure out where any of the fire extinguishers
were...and we walk right past them everyday. I'm panicking, thinking I'm about to set the fire alarms off in the building and ruin all of our computers when the sprinklers go off! I know the students in class would have loved me for getting them out of class but I wasn't up for that tonight! Luckily the fire extinguished without it but it was just one of those days. However, I always know it could have been worse.... way worse!

I also haven't had an acupuncture appointment in three weeks! That's not the best idea when I've been going every week. Luckily I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it!
Acupuncture is one of those things that helps regulate my energy so much. I know it sounds crazy if you aren't someone who believes in it but it's a personal choice. I love how I can feel the tingling each session and can feel the slight movement of the energy in my body. I've really loved some of the choices I've made to love my body more. Integrating Chinese medicine has been one of the best choices yet!

So here's to tomorrow being a better day because I know it will be! I'm thankful for everything I have and the path my life has taken recently. There's so much to be thankful for and I need to not let the little things in the world swallow me today. Life's too short for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment